Recipe by Michelle Berteig
I found this recipe in a women's magazine. Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds good!
Top Review by thepells
This was a very tasty start. I have since made it a few more times and adjusted things for my families tastes. I have used turkey and/or chicken breast meat and doubled the amount. I have used fresh roasted green chilies. Broth instead of bouillon cubes. This was a great base recipe!! My family asks for it at least once a week.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (such as Rotel)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, garlic, hominy, onion, oregano, cumin, red pepper flakes, bouillon cubes and water in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 hours.
- Remove cover and stir in tomatoes, lime juice, salt and pepper until warmed through. Serve immediately.