Recipe by ohgal
The flavor of this meatloaf is outstanding. I used turkey and added a little chopped green pepper. The recipe is from recipegirl.com
Top Review by Outta Here
This turns out very moist for turkey meatloaf. And lots of flavor. This is a good method for having meatloaf in the summer when you don't want to heat up the kitchen using the oven, or in our RV where the oven is tiny and heats up the whole RV beyond comfortable. The only changes I will make next time are to line the bottom of the slow cooker with foil, to keep the spill overs from burning onto the surface and adding the cheese about halfway through the cooking time, so it won't overcook as mine did. Made for Spring 2104 PAC.
- 1 lb lean ground chicken (93% lean) or 1 lb lean ground turkey (93% lean)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup marinara sauce, divided (I use Classico Tomato- Basil)
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the chicken (or turkey), eggs, onion, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, 1/2 cup marinara and 1/2 cup cheese (it's easiest to just use your hands to do this).
- 2. Spray an 8x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray (metal or glass- see notes below). Scoop the meatloaf mixture into the pan and smooth the top. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup of marinara sauce over the top. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese on top. Put the pan in a 6-quart slow cooker and place the lid on top. Cook for 7 to 8 hours on low (or 4 hours on high).
- 3. Slice, and serve.