Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Chicken Breasts slow cooked with a creamy white wine and mushroom mixture. Quick, easy & yummy.You don't even need to brown them before putting them in the crockpot, they come out like they have been poached. Serve over egg noodles or rice. Steam some Brocolli and you have a quick and easy meal. Time is for slow cooker time. Actual Prep time is about 10 minutes.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- paprika, lightly sprinkled
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place in slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, combine wine, soup and mushrooms.
- In another bowl mix together sour cream and flour.
- Stir sour cream mixture into the mushrooms and wine.
- Pour over chicken in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with additional paprika if desired.
- Cover, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Excellent dish! I'm still new to the slow cooker, but this is definitely one I'll return to. I use fresh mushrooms instead of canned and boneless chicken thighs, both of which I had on hand.
Yummy & easy = perfection! Wonderful recipe cajunhippiegirl, we really enjoyed it. I served this with brown rice and grilled carrots.
Fabulous recipe. I used 4 chicken breasts, served three people and did not have any leftovers. I served it with lightly buttered noodles and gingered baby carrots - a quick, easy and delicious meal. Thanks for posting this recipe. Made and enjoyed for PAC, Fall 2009