8 hrs 20 mins
Blue Skies's Note:
So very easy and tastes great! Found this in Cooking Light magazine. Note: you can also add 1-8oz package of pre-sliced mushrooms, we just don't care for them and so took it out the recipe. Chicken comes out so soft it just falls apart, although the sauce may need to be thickened slightly. I serve with white rice, basmatti rice, or couscous. Also it freezes well if you would like to enjoy your leftovers at a later date. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed off and meat cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups onions, chopped (I use sweet onions)
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground is best
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 1Chop chicken and combine with flour in a zip-lock bag (or bowl), mix well so flour evenly coats every piece of chicken. Add chicken and flour to electric slow cooker.
- 2Chop onion and red bell pepper, shred carrot, and add all these to slow cooker. Now add chicken broth, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper to rest of mixture in slow cooker.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- 4Stir in sour cream.
- 5Serving size is 1 cup. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Chicken Paprikash
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.3
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 116.5 mg
- Sodium 611.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 36.3 g