Recipe by Blue Skies
So very easy and tastes great! Found this in Cooking Light magazine. Note: you can also add 1-8oz package of pre-sliced mushrooms, we just don't care for them and so took it out the recipe. Chicken comes out so soft it just falls apart, although the sauce may need to be thickened slightly. I serve with white rice, basmatti rice, or couscous. Also it freezes well if you would like to enjoy your leftovers at a later date. Enjoy!
Top Review by Alison B.
I Made this today, and well lets just say it needed something. I did add the mushrooms because we all like them. However, I would have liked it to be a bit thicker. Mushrooms do add liquid, so if I do make it again, which I am not sure I would, I would add less broth. Also, I would add more paprika.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed off and meat cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups onions, chopped (I use sweet onions)
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground is best
- 1 1⁄4 cups reduced-fat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop chicken and combine with flour in a zip-lock bag (or bowl), mix well so flour evenly coats every piece of chicken. Add chicken and flour to electric slow cooker.
- Chop onion and red bell pepper, shred carrot, and add all these to slow cooker. Now add chicken broth, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper to rest of mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serving size is 1 cup. Enjoy!