1/2 Photos of Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup, Diabetic
7 hrs 15 mins
This makes a very good soup that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner. While it's diabetic friendly the whole family will enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 large onions (one should be peeled and quartered and one should be small diced})
- 3 large carrots (one should be peeled and quartered and two should be small diced)
- 3 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried marjoram
- 1/4 fresh ground black pepper
- 1 quart canned fat free sodium free chicken broth
- 1 quart boiling water
- 6 ounces medium-wide noodles (cooked separately)
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 lb fresh spinach, well washed and large stems removed
- 2 stalks celery & leaves, and diced small
- 1Rinse and pat dry chicken. Place in a 5-quart or larger crockery slow cooker. Place the peeled and quarterd onion, peeled and quartered carrot, and parsley around chicken pieces. Sprinkle with thyme, marjoram, and pepper.
- 2Add chicken broth, cover, and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- 3When done cooking, remove the chicken and discard the onion, carrot, and parsley. Skim off and discard all surface fat from the broth.
- 4Cool chicken from broth for about 10 minutes, until cool enough to handle and remove and discard the chicken skin and bones. Shred chicken.
- 5Add shredded chicken back to the slow cooker and bring to a simmer. Lightly saute the diced onion, diced carrots, diced celery, mushroom, in a little broth or water until softened and place in the crock along with the spinach. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions.
- 7Just before serving, add cooked noodles to soup and season with salt and pepper (to taste).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup, Diabetic
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.4
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 98.1 mg
- Sodium 134.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 23.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh ground black pepper
fat free sodium free chicken broth