Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
this a easy way to achieve a delicious, spicy, chicken mole. i don't know where i got the recipe, maybe Martha Stewart? we try to eat it at least every other week. great over steamed rice.
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 dried ancho peppers, stems removed
- 1 large chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin, I use 1/2 teaspoon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, I use 1/4 teaspoon
- fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- Season chicken thighs with salt and place in 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- In a blender, puree tomatoes, onion, ancho peppers, chipotle pepper, almonds, raisins, chocolate, garlic, oil, cumin and cinnamon until very smooth. Add mixture to crock pot. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high and 8 hours on low. Serve chicken with sauce and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.