Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
I have been making this Moroccan-style recipe for years. It's so easy to make, it has become a tradition in our household.
Top Review by rpgaymer
Very tasty and easy to make. I cooked everything on low for 8 hours, so the flavors could really work their magic. I also doubled the spices, and it came out just right. This one is a keeper, for sure.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the onion, garlic, carrots, sweet potatoes, garbanzo beans, and chicken and vegetables. Pour in the tomatoes, and stir to combine.
- Cover the cooker, set to HIGH, and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender and the sauce has thickened, 4 to 5 hours.