Recipe by 2Bleu
Imagine if you will, a lasagna of sorts made in your slow cooker. Start with seared chicken thighs, mushrooms, some fresh veggies, a layer of pasta, and then a delicious creamy tomato sauce simmering and oozing down over it all. You can't wait to get home.... Imagine no more, the recipe is right here! This was our entry for the Craze-E Categegory Contest.
Top Review by Chef Emstar
This was a yummy base recipe. I used 2 large boneless, skinless breasts instead of thighs since i don't like dark meat. I added 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 lg onion, and a pkg of frozen spinach. I also decreased the amount of cream cheese to 4 oz. It was very nice to come home and have such a complete dinner all ready. Thanks 2Bleu!
- 4 bone in chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 dash salt, to taste
- 1 dash black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped leek
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese or 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces light sour cream or 8 ounces regular sour cream
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Heat butter and olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. When pan is ready, add thighs and sear about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Place the thighs into a large crockpot. To the skillet add the chicken stock and deglaze the pan. Add salt, pepper, and oregano and stir. Add pasta to the skillet and simmer for about 5 minutes just enough to soften the pasta.
- Meanwhile, arrange the mushrooms over the chicken followed with the vegetables. When pasta is ready, place over the vegetables, broth and all. Dot with cream cheese and sour cream then pour the Rotel over top, covering everything. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, cover, and cook on low 6-8 hours.