Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a family favorite. We like to serve this over noodles but I am sure rice would be yummy too. I have also made this in the oven and with boneless chicken breasts and shrimp.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Combine the first four ingredients and rub over chicken.
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- Combine the soup, sour cream, broth and mushrooms.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-8 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Thicken the sauce if desired.
Used boneless chicken breasts and turned out excellent! 1/2 pound is to much for mushrooms. Also adding the extra can of cream of mushroom soup made it super creamy!!!! Went great with spiral noodles!!!!
This was good, I made a couple of changes though. I took the chicken out and removed it from the bone once it was finished cooking and placed it back in the crock pot. I used 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup in stead of the one. I omitted the mushrooms b/c my husband doesn't like them if he can see them. I also cooked egg noodles and mixed in with it along with frozen peas. Once it was finished kinda tasted like chicken stroganoff.
This was okay -- but falling apart -- but I may have left it in the crockpot for too long. However, an easy way to have chicken done at the end of the day! Thanks for sharing!