Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
The chicken is so tender and breaks up really nicely -it reminds me of a good chicken stew. From Company's Coming Slow Cooker Recipes.
- 30 baby carrots
- 4 medium potatoes, cut up
- 10 ounces whole mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 ounces dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange vegetables in layers in 5 quart slow cooker.
- Lay chicken pieces over top.
- Stir remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low for 10-12 hours or on High for 5-6 hours.
Very good and perfect dish during the week. I did not add the bullion and used low sodium low fat cream of mushroom, everything came out great. The soup mix was enough salt. The chicken was tender and delicious. I added 1.5 lbs of baby potatoes cut in half and used fresh mushrooms. I cut the chicken into bite sized pieces, too. Thanks for a delicious recipe!
This was very good and easy to make. I cooked this in the oven and it turned out perfect. I cooked it at 350 for one hour and then at 275 for two hours. While were at my sons baseball game. The chicken was so tender and the sauce had great flavor. I couldn't find canned mushrooms at the store, so I just used whole fresh ones and I added 2/3 water(I was afraid the veggies would stick and burn). They turned out fine. I chopped one bell pepper(I had to use it before it went bad) and layered it on top of the chicken before adding the sauce. I will be making this again and again....Thanks Countrymama
Good! I reduced the potatoes to 3 b/c the crock pot was getting pretty full. I will double the sauce next time. This is more like a stew! Good!