Recipe by pnehls
This is an old Crock Pot recipe that i have adapted and tweaked. I prefer to use boneless chicken thighs as chicken breasts tend to dry out.
Top Review by mums the word
It was so nice to come home on a blustery night to find this dish ready and waiting in the crockpot. It smelled and tasted marvelous and I thought it was nice comfort food. I used a mixture of bone-in breasts and legs and have to agree that the breasts were just a bit on the dry side compared to the legs. The next time I make this, I may add a few quartered potatoes. Thx for posting.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery, stalks with leaves
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (1 C if cooking on high)
- 1 -2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 -2 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in water
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice carrots, celery, and onions into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces, do not slice too small, place in pot.
- Place chicken in pot over sliced vegetables.
- Pour broth over chicken.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, basil, and thyme over chicken and vegetables.
- Add bay leaf, remove after cooking.
- Cook on low 8-10 Hours or High about 4 hours. To thicken sauce, add corn starch in water to pot and stir.
- Serve over egg noodles.