4 hrs 20 mins
This is an old Crock Pot recipe that i have adapted and tweaked. I prefer to use boneless chicken thighs as chicken breasts tend to dry out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery, stalks with leaves
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (1 C if cooking on high)
- 1 -2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 -2 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in water
- 1Slice carrots, celery, and onions into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces, do not slice too small, place in pot.
- 2Place chicken in pot over sliced vegetables.
- 3Pour broth over chicken.
- 4Sprinkle salt, pepper, basil, and thyme over chicken and vegetables.
- 5Add bay leaf, remove after cooking.
- 6Cook on low 8-10 Hours or High about 4 hours. To thicken sauce, add corn starch in water to pot and stir.
- 7Serve over egg noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Chicken in a Pot
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.8
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 188.8 mg
- Sodium 763.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 46.1 g