Recipe by TexasKelly
This is from a Betty Crocker e-mail I received. Normally I don't like anything made with heavy cream soups & frozen goods, but this is really convenient to throw together. We also like more salt & seasonings so we always adjust every recipe to our own tastes.
Top Review by cindy.kuntzelman
I made this and my family loves it! We don't care for garlic, so I substituted cream of chicken with herb for the cream of mushroom and garlic soup. I also do not brown my meat before I throw it into the crockpot. It is a nice soup for a cold raining afternoon.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken thighs, cut up into bite sized pieces (boneless & skinless)
- 1 cup julienne carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package gnocchi (not frozen)
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen sweet peas, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In 10 inch nonstick skillet, cook chicken 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned and no longer pink in the center.
- Spray 3-4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray (or use slow cooker liner). In cooker, mix chicken and remaining ingredients EXCEPT for gnocchi & peas.
- Cover; cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Increase heat setting to High. Stir in gnocchi & peas. Cover, cook about 30 minutes longer or until gnocchi and peas are tender.