7 hrs 20 mins
From Cuisine At Home...." You can also make this recipe using steak. Substitute 1½ pounds of flank steak for the chicken, then brown it just like the chicken"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 12 fajita-size flour tortillas, warmed (6-inch)
- sour cream
- 1Brown chicken in oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat, 2–3 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a plate.
- 2Add onion, garlic, oregano, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt, and cayenne to the pan; cook 2–3 minutes.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, scraping up browned bits from chicken; bring mixture to a boil. Transfer tomato mixture to a 4–6-qt. slow cooker. Add reserved chicken and drippings. Cover slow cooker and cook 3–4 hours on high setting, or 6–7 hours on low setting. Remove chicken to a plate; let rest 5 minutes. Shred chicken into strips.
- 4Purée tomato mixture in slow cooker with a handheld blender; stir in lime juice and season with salt. Reserve 1 cup sauce, then toss chicken with remaining sauce.
- 5Serve chicken in tortillas with Pepper Salad, guacamole, sour cream, and reserved sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.8
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 1275.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 36.8 g