Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs 30 mins
From a CampbellsKitchen.com email.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 473.18 ml baby carrots
- 2 stalk celery, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 (609.51 g) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 236.59 ml water
- 4.92 ml dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 473.18 ml baking mix
- 158.51 ml milk
- Stir the chicken, potatoes, carrots and celery in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Stir the soup, water, thyme and black pepper in a medium bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir the baking mix and milk in a medium bowl. Drop the batter by spoonfuls onto the chicken mixture. Increase the heat to HIGH. Tilt the lid to vent and cook for 30 minutes or until the dumplings are cooked in the center.
This is wonderful to come home to on a cold busy day! I only had about half as much chicken as called for but used what I had and the rest of the ingredients as listed. Very filling and perfect for a cold day! Comfort food! Thanks for sharing!