Recipe by Betani
This is adapted from a Campbell's Kitchen recipe. I cut back on the dumplings to save on fat and calories, and it still tastes great.
Top Review by mslevis
I liked the chicken but I made my own dumplings, "glissants" which is french for slippery. These dumplings are similar to those in the recipe but you add more flour so you can flatten them with a rolling pin and cut them into squares.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup Bisquick baking mix (I use Heart Smart)
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken, potatoes, carrots and celery in slow cooker.
- Mix soup, water, thyme and black pepper. Pour over all.
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 8 hours (4 to 5 hours on high) or until chicken is done.
- Mix baking mix and milk. Spoon batter over chicken mixture. Tilt lid to vent and cook on high 30 minutes or until dumplings are cooked in center.