Recipe by Sage
This is a combination of 2 recipes that I love. For a lovely presentation place the curried chicken in a large bowl as well as another bowl of fluffy rice. I often serve this with a bowl ot mango chutney..
Top Review by bricookie55
This dinner was a winner! I used bone-in, skinless chicken thighs, omitted the green pepper and mushrooms (didn't have either), but otherwise I stuck closely to the recipe. I loved the addition of the chickpeas! This is great served over rice. Thanks for posting!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut in half
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas (optional)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly flour chicken and brown; transfer to slow cooker.
- Sauté mushrooms and onion,garlic, curry powder, cayenne and spread over chicken. Add carrots, celery, raw potato, salt and pepper to taste;.
- add chickpeas if using.
- Add just enough broth mixture to cover ingredients.
- Cook 6 hours or more on Low.
- Add green peppers the last hour of cooking.
- If necessary, thicken broth before serving by removing potato from cooker, mashing with some broth and returning to pot.
- Serve over rice.