Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
The stewed tomatoes and jalapeno pepper give this slow cooker recipe its Creole zing, along with seasoning and other veggies. This is an easy and tasty Creole chicken recipe. Just put all ingredients into the slow cooker and let it simmer all day. It's perfect over egg noodles or rice. To change up any leftovers, add chicken stock and veggies to the leftovers to make a tasty soup. The recipe for Creole Seasoning is included...this is great in many dishes and keeps once prepared in your spice cabinet.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- creole-style seasoning (recipe below)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, pealed and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 5 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons salt
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Season with salt, pepper, and Creole-style seasoning to taste. Stir in tomatoes with liquid, celery, carrots, bell pepper, garlic, onion, mushrooms, and jalapeno pepper.
- Cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours, or on High for 5 to 6 hours.
Yum!!! It was great coming home to the comforting dish!!! Went together fairly quickly in the morning. The flavors are very homey, in spite of the heat from the jalapenos. Made for ZWT 9.