Recipe by Tired Mom
The original recipe for this chowder called for white fish & shrimp. My family is not a fan of seafood so I replaced the protein with chicken. You could also use left-over turkey. This recipe can also be prepared stove top. Just sweat the onions in a few tbsp of olive oil before adding broth, etc. Bring to simmer until potatoes are tender, blend & add the rest of ingredients until heated thru and slightly thickened. Serve with a nice loaf of bread & butter.
- 1 (49 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled & cut into 1/2 dice (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup instant mashed instant potato flakes
- 1 store bought rotisserie chicken breast, picked of meat
Directions See How It's Made
- In an electric slow cooker, combine the broth, flour, onion, potatoes, and dill weed. Cover and cook on low about 5 hrs or until potatoes are just tender.
- Ladle about 2 cups potatoes and broth into a blender. Pulse until smooth, adding extra broth if needed. Return to slow cooker. Increase heat setting to high.
- Stir in corn, cream, garlic, pepper, potato buds, and chicken meat. Cover and cook on high about 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Season with salt to taste.