Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Aquired this through a recipe swap and love that it doesn't use canned soup like the others I've seen. Prep the chicken bundles the night before and you'll be out the door in no time in the morning.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 6 slices ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- cooked rice
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Flatten to ¼” thickness. Season with a pinch each salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Fold cheese so it is about ½” narrower than ham. Place cheese on ham and fold in each of the long sides and then roll from one short end, burrito-style. This will help prevent the cheese from running out during the cooking process. Place one ham roll on a narrow end of each piece chicken and roll into a bundle.
- Wrap a piece of bacon lengthwise around each chicken bundle and secure with a toothpick. Ensure the bacon tightly covers the ends of the bundle as it will also help prevent leaky cheese. Place the bundles into slow cooker.
- Combine ½ cup water, bouillon and wine. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook 5-6 hours on LOW.
- Just before serving, remove chicken from slow cooker. If needed, strain cooking liquid and return to slow cooker. Switch heat to HIGH. Combine cornstarch with remaining ½ cup water. Stir ½ cup of slow cooker liquid into the cornstarch mixture to temper and then add that back to slow cooker. Stir well until sauce thickens.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice.