Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Monica Perdue, Personal Chef, Bon Vivant
Make and share this Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore recipe from Food.com.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 green peppers, seeded and cubed
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 diced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Put chicken in the slow cooker.
- Top with the spaghetti sauce, green bell peppers, mushrooms, onion, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 9 hours.
- Serve with Pasta.
really easy! threw in rigatoni the last half hour of cooking and it was an awesome dish! my one year old even loved it (minus the veggies of course) i cooked this on high for 4-5 hours.
I didn't think this looked like the chicken cacciatore I have had before, the sauce was very liquidy due to the chicken broth that came from cooking the chicken, but it tasted all right. DH apparently doesn't like chicken cacciatore, and my friends seemed unimpressed.
Very good! And I didn't even put mushrooms in it! (personal preference)
The flavor all depends on the jarred sauce you buy.