Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
Easy slow cooker chicken cacciatore. Serve over angel hair pasta. 'Cacciatore' is Italian for 'hunter', and this American-Italian term refers to food prepared 'hunter style,' with mushrooms and onions. Avanti! Wine Tip: Enjoy with a Chianti Classico .
Top Review by Jenn T.
Very yummy and super easy!! I used Wegmans roasted garlic spaghetti sauce and followed the directions exactly (cooked it for 7 hours). The chicken fell apart easily and my husband loved it! Such an easy weeknight meal! I will be making this again!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cubed
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic