Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Easy slow cooker chicken cacciatore. Serve over angel hair pasta. 'Cacciatore' is Italian for 'hunter', and this American-Italian term refers to food prepared 'hunter style,' with mushrooms and onions. Avanti! Wine Tip: Enjoy with a Chianti Classico .
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cubed
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Put the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Top with the spaghetti sauce, green bell peppers, mushrooms, onion, and garlic.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours.
Very yummy and super easy!! I used Wegmans roasted garlic spaghetti sauce and followed the directions exactly (cooked it for 7 hours). The chicken fell apart easily and my husband loved it! Such an easy weeknight meal! I will be making this again!
This recipe was wonderful, easy, tasty, delicious! Everyone loved it, so it goes straight into the "make again" book. The only change I made was to use one green pepper and one red pepper. I think for next time I'll add some crushed red pepper for heat and maybe some zucchini from the garden, but the recipe is wonderful as is too. A good quality spaghetti sauce is a must - I used fire-roasted tomato and garlic sauce. My slow-cooker cooks quicker than my old one did. It took only 5 hours. Thank you for a keeper!