5 hrs 45 mins
5 hrs 30 mins
DoubleA's Mom's Note:
I made this recipe up by taking some chicken and some basic Mexican spices and throwing them all together for burrito night. It turned out great so we have them frequently.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 flour tortillas (10-inch)
- ripe tomato
- sour cream (I use reduced fat)
- monterey jack cheese
- 1Place chicken on a cutting board and chop into bite-sized strips. Place in a crockpot on high.
- 2Stir in the broth, onion, garlic, jalapenos, corn, salt, pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, lime juice, oregano, and cilantro.
- 3Simmer on high for 5 hours.
- 4Remove chicken from crockpot and shred with two forks; and place back into crock pot.
- 5Place sliced red and green pepper into crock pot, cover and cook another 30 minutes (we still like to have a little crispness to our peppers so if you want them softer cook longer)
- 6Place equal portions of chicken mixture in the center of the tortillas. Sprinkle with whatever toppings you prefer, such as diced tomatoes, sour cream, lettuce and cheese.
- 7Fold burrito up 2/3 of the way to the other side over the chicken mixture. Fold sides in towards the center.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Chicken Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.4
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 701.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 21.2 g