This is a wonderful Barley soup made in the Slow cooker, but using the microwave to have in ready in 3 hours. Feel free to add any other vegetables that are available. As you can see no need for oil or butter.
- Heat the chicken broth and pour into slow cooker.
- Place chopped vegetables; onions, garlic, celery and carrots in microwave container; microwave 5 minutes.
- Spoon into Slow cooker and cook on High for 2 hours,.
- Heat up mushrooms in microwave.
- Add rinsed barley,chicken and mushrooms, salt and pepper to the Slow Cooker.
- On high cook another hour.
- Serve with crackers.