Recipe by Kristiina
A delicious, filling soup from Healthy Home Cooking Magazine by Betty Crocker. Each serving is 1 1/2 cups.
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 2 medium celery ribs, sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, bone in and skin removed
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup barley, medium and uncooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Place carrots, celery and onion in slow cooker. Place chicken on top of vegetables, then add remaining ingredients except parsley and thyme.
- Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours.
- Remove chicken from cooker, place on cutting board. Remove meat from bones and chop into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces, discard bones.
- Stir chicken, parsley, and thyme into stew. Increase heat setting and cook for another 15-20 minutes.