Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a wonderful, quick dish for on the go people or just anyone. My whole family loves this dish!
- 1 lb skinless chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Place chicken on bottom of crockpot.
- Mix all ingredients together except the cream cheese and pour mixture over chicken.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving add cream cheese and shred chicken.
- Serve over rice.
- *You can add any vegetables or seasonings that you like.
- We lke it a little spicier so we add some hot sauce and red pepper.
- We also add peas instead of corn if we dont have corn.
- Feel free to mix and match!
- Also, you can add more beans and omit the chicken for a veggie dish*.
This was the easiest, most wonderful tasting mexican chicken recipe I've made in a very long time. I didn't change anything and won't, its perfect just as it is. Thank you so much for this posting.
This was really tasty. I had it in the crock pot all day and it did fine. Tastes good over Spanish rice. Will definety put in the rotation.
This was so yummy! I changed this up a little by sauteing the chicken first, putting in pan and baking in the oven (as I didn't have a four hour window..leave the house at 8 a.m., home at 5). What a fabuluos combination! When asked by my little ones what it was, I called it "taco chicken" (so they'd eat it), and they gobbled it right up! I will definately make again! Thank you for sharing! LA :-)