Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a super easy main dish that even had my husband going back for seconds! I have also served this as an easy dinner for guests. I hope that you enjoy it!
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 (16 ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed (navy beans or great northern beans)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 8 ounces chopped carrots
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Mix everything but the water and flour in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Beat the flour into the water (or chicken broth) with a fork until smooth then mix into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 1 hour.
- Great served with garlic bread and a salad!
This was Fabulous! I was worried it might be over-seasoned because of the strong aroma as it cooks--but it TASTED GREAT! the perfect amount of everything as far as I'm concerned-but might go easier on the thyme next time for my hubby--even though he had 2nds of the recipe version :-) I served it over brown rice with cornbread---broccoli would be a good veggie side with this too