Recipe by juliendbq
I received this from a daily e-column (Everyday Cheapskate) I subscribe to. She'd never given me a bum steer before, so when I tried this I wasn't surprised that we liked it; the truth is we LOVED it! Having made this recipe once, next time I think I will try adding frozen mixed vegetables before adding the soup mix. I used 94% fat-free cream of chicken soup and due to time constraints made pasta to ladle the soup over when I served this. I'll try wild or long-grain rice next time. This is a real keeper and truly delicious!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2 (609.51 g) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 396.89 g can chicken broth
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 283.49 g packagerefrigerated biscuit dough (flatten and cut into 4 strips)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken, butter, soup, broth and onion in slow cooker. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on high.
- . One hour before serving, open biscuits. Roll each one to be about 1/4-inch thick and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
- Add to the slow cooker, laying on top of chicken and liquid. Overlapping strips of dough will occur.
- Continue cooking until the dough is no longer raw in the center, about 1 hour.
- Note: Dough will not cook into biscuits as you might think. It will become like traditional dumplings.