Recipe by cellogirl2
Taken from Allrecipes.com. Posted for safekeeping.
Top Review by kpestrada
I have been making this recipe for a while now and love it. The original recipe I've been using has been without the butter and only 1 can of biscuits, but next time I will try it as listed, because we never had enough dumplings and you can't go wrong with butter. I also add a couple of sprinkles of a McCormick's Roasted Garlic chicken seasoning with this or whatever seasoning blend I have on hand. I also like to roll up the ham and swiss cheese in the chicken breast to make a "chicken cordon bleu" and follow the recipe as follows. Yum!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2 (609.51 g) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 (566.99 g) packagerefrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
- Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High.
- About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker.
- Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.