Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
My own distillation of several other recipes. Suits my own taste, hope it suits yours. Great wintertime meal.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, frozen
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, low-sodium if available
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, low-sodium if available
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth, low-sodium if available
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated biscuit dough, Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk preferred
- Place everything except the biscuit dough into the slow cooker, and add enough water to almost cover.
- Place the lid on the pot and cook 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Remove chicken from pot, shred and return to pot. If sauce seems thin, stir 1 tbsp flour into 2 tbsp cold water and stir into sauce; turn heat up to high while preparing biscuits.
- Roll each biscuit out to about 3" diameter and cut each biscuit into 9 pieces. Layer biscuit pieces over the stew and cook another 1 hour on high.
This came out wonderful. I did pan fry the chicken a little bit beforehand. It was very easy to make.
This really didnt work for me , The chicken was still raw so i can to pan fry it . I think i will try this one more time and brown the chicken before..
This was good and easy to make. I did change it up a bit. I used 2 pounds of thighs and 2 cans of mixed veggies. I also didn't add the chicken broth. I followed the rest of the recipe as written other then I cooked mine on low for five hours and it was done. I then added the biscuits and cooked on high for another half an hour. We enjoyed it.