Recipe by Lainey6605
This is a great comforting meal for when the weather starts getting colder. My family really enjoys this. Edited 10/16/2007 to add celery stalks.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Call 'em dumplings or don't call 'em dumplings, this was still a very satisfying dish, & the only change I made to it was to use lemon pepper instead of the usual pepper! Very nice comfort food! Will be making this one again, for sure! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 (1190.67 g) can chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 6 small carrots, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml poultry seasoning
- 2 (425.24 g) package buttermilk biscuit mix
- 236.59 ml milk, plus
- 29.58 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- Heat broth in microwave; dissolve bouillon in broth.
- Add next 4 ingredients to broth.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, until chicken falls apart when poked with a fork.
- Combine buttermilk biscuit mix and milk, then drop spoonfuls over chicken to form dumplings.
- Cover and cook on high for 35 minutes or until dumplings are done.