1/3 Photos of Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
8 hrs 10 mins
This is a great comforting meal for when the weather starts getting colder. My family really enjoys this. Edited 10/16/2007 to add celery stalks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 6 small carrots, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) packages buttermilk biscuit mix
- 1 cup milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- 2Heat broth in microwave; dissolve bouillon in broth.
- 3Add next 4 ingredients to broth.
- 4Pour over chicken.
- 5Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, until chicken falls apart when poked with a fork.
- 6Combine buttermilk biscuit mix and milk, then drop spoonfuls over chicken to form dumplings.
- 7Cover and cook on high for 35 minutes or until dumplings are done.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 834.2
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 157.4 mg
- Sodium 2006.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 60.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken broth with roasted garlic