Recipe by opera_vanderzee
This taste like Thanksgiving in a pot! My kids love it. I'm pretty sure I got it from a southern living magazine some years ago. I serve it with a nice big salad.
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 1 whole chicken )
- 6 cups crumbled cornbread
- 8 slices firm white bread (torn into pieces)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 chopped celery ribs
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- salt and pepper
- 8 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken, corn bread, white bread, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, onion, celery, eggs, sage, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spray 5 quart slow cooker with vegetable oil spray and add chicken mix. Dot the top with butter.
- Cook until the eggs are done, 3 to 4 Hours on High, or 7 hours on low.
- Stir before serving.