Recipe by 2Bleu
You will get raves on this dressing! You can opt to make only the dressing if you have another meat dish you are using this recipe with.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 12 slices white bread, toasted and cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pan seared with choice seasonings (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Saute onion, celery, mushroom, bacon and parsley.
- Pour sauteed vegetables over bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl.
- Add poultry seasoning, salt, sage, thyme, pepper, marjoram; toss together.
- Pour in enough chicken broth to moisten, depending on how dry your bread cubes are.
- Add beaten egg; mix together well.
- Pack stuffing lightly into slow cooker (laying the seared breasts in between if using), and cover.
- Set to High for 30 minutes.
- Reduce to Low to cook for 4 to 6 hours.