1/2 Photos of Slow Cooker Chicken and Dressing
6 hrs 45 mins
6 hrs 30 mins
You will get raves on this dressing! You can opt to make only the dressing if you have another meat dish you are using this recipe with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 12 slices white bread, toasted and cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pan seared with choice seasonings (optional)
- 1Melt butter in a skillet.
- 2Saute onion, celery, mushroom, bacon and parsley.
- 3Pour sauteed vegetables over bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl.
- 4Add poultry seasoning, salt, sage, thyme, pepper, marjoram; toss together.
- 5Pour in enough chicken broth to moisten, depending on how dry your bread cubes are.
- 6Add beaten egg; mix together well.
- 7Pack stuffing lightly into slow cooker (laying the seared breasts in between if using), and cover.
- 8Set to High for 30 minutes.
- 9Reduce to Low to cook for 4 to 6 hours.
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Chicken and Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.8
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 58.8 mg
- Sodium 857.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g