3 hrs 20 mins
Usually I work too much to get any use out of my slow cooker, but on snow days I can put it to good use and make this delicious comfort food. I originally had the inspiration for this recipe at Garryowen Irish Pub in Gettysburg, PA. I've done my best to re-create the textures and flavors of their dish on my own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 3/4 in pieces)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen mixed vegetables (use whatever vegetables you like)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 (1 ounce) package dehydrated vegetable soup mix
- 1 cup dried potato flakes
- 1 (7 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1Undercooked chicken scares me to death, so I recommend pre-cooking the chicken breasts for 20 minutes at 450 degrees, then cutting it into pieces.
- 2In your slow cooker mix chicken pieces, chicken broth, mixed vegetables, dehydrated soup, flour and potato flakes.
- 3Cook on low heat for 6 to 7 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours.
- 4In the last hour of cooking mix the corn muffin mix, egg, and milk in a small mixing bowl. Mix well and let it stand for 7 minutes.
- 5Pour this mixture on top of the chicken and vegetables in your slow cooker.
- 6Continue cooking for 1 more hour or until corn bread is firm throughout.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Chicken and Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.3
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.5 mg
- Sodium 1273.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 32.8 g