Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy, healthy, good. Serve with grated cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro and green onions and chips or tortillas on the side.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ground black pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- Place chicken and salsa in the slow cooker the night before you want to eat this chili. Season with garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook 6 to 8 hours on Low setting.
- About 3 to 4 hours before you want to eat, shred the chicken with 2 forks. Return the meat to the pot, and continue cooking.
- Stir the corn and the pinto beans into the slow cooker. Simmer until ready to serve.
My dh and I liked this a lot. I didn't do the chicken the night before, but just put it in the slow cooker in the morning. When I got home from work I shredded the chicken and added the beans and corn.