Recipe by herby
Easy, healthy, good. Serve with grated cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro and green onions and chips or tortillas on the side.
Top Review by wife2abadge
My dh and I liked this a lot. I didn't do the chicken the night before, but just put it in the slow cooker in the morning. When I got home from work I shredded the chicken and added the beans and corn.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ground black pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken and salsa in the slow cooker the night before you want to eat this chili. Season with garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook 6 to 8 hours on Low setting.
- About 3 to 4 hours before you want to eat, shred the chicken with 2 forks. Return the meat to the pot, and continue cooking.
- Stir the corn and the pinto beans into the slow cooker. Simmer until ready to serve.