Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This chicken recipe is wonderful and made from all fresh ingredients. You can serve it with vegetables on the side, or incorporate some of the broth and serve it on top of rice or pasta. You can make a soup out of it as well (on my to try list). I also suggest making two dinners plus chicken for lunch salads or wraps. You can do pretty much anything out of it! For the herbs, you can use more or less and also try others as well. I use these because the flavor is a bit more subtle and I can still use this chicken with pastas etc that have additional flavor.
- 6 chicken breasts (more or less)
- 4 -6 slices turkey bacon
- 1⁄2 of a large onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped (approximately)
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped (approximately)
- Place the chopped onion and mined garlic in the slow cooker.
- You can brown the turkey bacon (additional flavor) in the skilet with some butter or place it directly in the slow cooker.
- Add the wine and herbs.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and add water to make sure that the chicken is covered.
- Cook the Chicken according to your slow cooker directions. I cook mine on low for 4-5 hours.
- Check periodically and make sure that you liquid hasn't cooked off.