Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
These are tender, delicious pork chops with a delicious flavor infused through every bite! The sauce reminds me of one served on pork at our local Chinese buffet. A dish with this much flavor doesn't come any easier than this. I use light pie filling and pineapple in unsweetened juice. If I don't want a thick sauce, I just skip the final step. The sauce tastes delicious as it is! I sometimes half the recipe, then use the pie filling and pineapple with a single cake layer or Angel food cake to make a smaller version of a punch bowl cake.
- 8 pork chops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki marinade
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cook pork chops in a nonstick skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Mix cherry pie filling, pineapple, and teryaki marinade in a large bowl.
- Place 4 pork chops in a crock pot.
- Cover with half the cherry mixture.
- Layer the next 4 pork chops.
- Finish with the rest of the cherry mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until pork chops are tender.
- Drain liquid.
- Place in a boiler over medium heat.
- Mix cornstarch with water.
- Add to liquid in boiler.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over chops.
Very dry; not much taste; big disappoitment given the $19 spent on 8 beautiful pork chops.