Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Make and share this Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (32 ounce) bagfrozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen chopped onion, thawed (from a 12-oz. bag)
- 1 medium stalk celery, diced (1/2 cup)
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded american-cheddar cheese (2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup real bacon piece (from 2.8 oz. pkg)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- In a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix potatoes, onion, celery, broth, and water.
- Cover ; cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix flour into milk; stir into potato mixture.
- Increase heat setting to HIGH.
- Cover and cook 20-30 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Stir in cheese until melted; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Garnish individual servings with bacon and green onions.
- Sprinkle with pepper, if desired.