Recipe by Super San Mateo Chefs
Delicious cheesy lasagna that will feed a crowd! Great flavor and texture. The beef and sausage is infused with moisture from the slow cooker.
Top Review by Catbird
Great way to make lasagna...not having to cook the noodles first. My entire family enjoyed it (all 3 of us). I used Hunt's traditional spaghetti sauce vs marinara, Kroger hot pepper cheese vs Monterey Jack and I used ground hot italian sausage where it sounds like you might have called for links. Anyway, thank you so much for posting this recipe.
- 1 lb lasagna noodle
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb hot sausage, minced
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, Italian flavored
- 3 cups marinara sauce, any flavoring
- 3 cups alfredo sauce
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, divided 1/4 lb freshly grated and 1/4 lb sliced thick
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 lb parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes until onions are soften.
- Add minced sausage and ground beef. Cook until browned, approximately 7 minutes. Drain oil.
- In a large bowl, add marinara sauce, alfredo sauce and canned tomatoes and mix completely.
- Add ground meat mixture to sauce. Add Italian Seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- In the slow cooker pan, pour a small amount of the sauce mixture along the bottom of the plan.
- Layer the uncooked lasagna noodles across the bottom of the pan. You can make the noodles to adjust them to the size of your pan.
- Spoon ricotta cheese across the lasagna noodles. Add a layer of grated cheeses. Add a layer of sauce mixture.
- Repeat the layering process; lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese, grated cheeses, sauce mixture.
- For the top layer, proceed with this order: lasagna noodles, sauce mixture, grated cheeses and sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours until cheese on top is bubbly.