Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
An easy, "comfort-food" all-in-one meal recipe for the slow cooker. Works well with cubed ham, too!
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 5 medium white potatoes, peeled and sliced, cut up
- 453.59 g frozen broccoli florets, can use fresh
- 2 (609.51 g) can 98% fat free broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 236.59 ml low-fat milk
- 354.88 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes, use more to taste
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 9.85 ml parsley
- pepper, to taste
- salt, if needed, to taste
- Cut chicken into about 2-inch pieces. Place in a large slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high for about 7 hours, or until chicken is done and potatoes are tender.
- You can par-boil your potatoes, if desired to speed cooking time.
- Gently stir well before serving.
For being so easy to make, this was really good. I'm thinking next time of adding uncooked rice rather than potatoes...I think there is enough juice during cooking time for the rice to absorb. Also, I used cream of chicken soup because I didn't have cream of broccoli on hand...worked just fine. Thanks for any easy but good meal:)
I used chicken thighs instead (fat trimmed)!!
This is what I ended up with my alterations on this recipe --<br/><br/>SLOW COOKER CHEESY BROCCOLI CHICKEN CASSEROLE<br/><br/>6 skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces <br/>1 onion, chopped <br/>6 red potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes<br/>2 10 3/4 oz. cans cream of broccoli soup, undiluted <br/>3-4 garlic cloves, minced <br/>1/2 c. cooking sherry<br/>1/2 t. red pepper flakes, use more to taste <br/>3/4 t. paprika <br/>2 1/2 t. parsley <br/>24 oz. frozen cut broccoli <br/>8 oz. grated asiago cheese <br/>pepper, to taste <br/>salt, if needed, to taste <br/><br/>Cut chicken into about 1-inch pieces. Place in a large slow cooker. <br/> <br/>Add all remaining ingredients, except broccoli and asiago cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for about 7 hours, or until chicken is done and potatoes are tender. <br/> <br/>During last hour, add the frozen broccoli and the Asiago cheese. <br/> <br/>Gently stir well before serving.