An easy, "comfort-food" all-in-one meal recipe for the slow cooker. Works well with cubed ham, too!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 5 medium white potatoes, peeled and sliced, cut up
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli florets, can use fresh
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans 98% fat free broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, use more to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- pepper, to taste
- salt, if needed, to taste
- Cut chicken into about 2-inch pieces. Place in a large slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high for about 7 hours, or until chicken is done and potatoes are tender.
- You can par-boil your potatoes, if desired to speed cooking time.
- Gently stir well before serving.