Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Great recipe that cooks while you are away; your house will smell like you slaved all day! Use regular noodles (not the no-boil noodles). You can brown the meat and onion the night before and assemble in the morning. This recipe was passed onto me by my friend Melissa.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked meatloaf mixture or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, browned
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (24 ounce) jaryour favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Brown meat and onion in skillet, drain.
- Combine meat, sauces, tomatoes and seasoning in a bowl, set aside.
- Combine ricotta, parmesan and 2 cups of the mozzarella in a bowl, set aside.
- Spray crockpot lightly with cooking spray, bottom and sides; cover bottom of cooker with 1/4 of the sauce.
- Layer in 4 lasagna noodles, breaking to fit.
- Top with half of the cheese mixture.
- Continue alternating layers : sauce, 4 noodles, remaining cheese mixture, sauce, 4 noodles, sauce on top.
- Cover and cook on low approximately 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours, until noodles are al dente.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and some more italian seasoning on top of cheese and let melt before serving.
- *Fill your slow cooker between 1/2 and 2/3 full, or it will boil over.