Recipe by Hag chef
Fresh crisp asparagus and cheese sauce cooked in the crock pot. Yumm. This frees up space on the stove and in the oven.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup skim evaporated milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and trim asparagus. Asparagus breaks naturally at the tough part of the stalk.
- Lay the spears in a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Stir flour, salt and pepper together in saucepan. Whisk in evaporated skim milk gradually until no lumps remain.
- Heat and stir until boiling and thickened.
- Stir in cheese to melt.
- Pour over asparagus. Cover. Cook on low for 2 to 3 hours.
- Check for doneness at 2 hours if you like it crisp, let it cook longer if you like it softer.