Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Had this one laying around. Found it on a recipe card.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli, trimmed well
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Place broccoli in slow cooker sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine chicken soup,mayonnaise, half of the cheese, and 1/4 cup water, and spoon over broccoli.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle remaining cheese over broccoli, and top with slivered almonds.
I used mushroom soup instead. I am not a fan of cooked broccoli so my DH rated this LOL and he thought it was great. I was worried the broccoli would get mushy so I kept it in large chunks. The tops were a bit softer then I normally like but the rest still had a bit of crunch. Made for 1,2,3 Hit wonders.
Very different than recipes I would normally pick. It was good, but maybe had a little too much sauce for my taste. The overall flavor was very good. Thank you weekend cooker! Made for Potluck Tag.