Recipe by Sharon123
An easy and delicious breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Add a little pinch of cayenne for a kick! From the Cabot cheese folks!
- 7 cups hot water
- 2 cups polenta (not quick-cooking) or 2 cups coarse-ground yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese (about 12 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix water, polenta, olive oil, salt and pepper in slow cooker; whisk until well blended. Add cheddar cheese and whisk again.
- Cover and cook on high setting for about 2 hours, or until liquid is mostly absorbed. Stir together well (polenta should have consistency of thick cooked cereal).
- If not serving right away, pour onto buttered baking sheet with sides, spreading into an even layer; cover with plastic wrap and let cool. When ready to serve, cut into rectangles and sauté in nonstick skillet with olive oil until golden on both sides.