Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a hearty warm,easy dish. Put it together in the morning come home to a great dinner. Serve with bread and salad.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 small carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (15 ounce) cansgreat dry northern white beans
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut in 2-inch pieces or 1 lb kielbasa, links cut in 2-inch pieces
- 3 (7 1/2 ounce) smoked pork chops
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Layer in slow cooker in order: onion, carrots, garlic,beans with liquid, bouillon, tomato paste, bay leaf, thyme, pepper, chicken, sausage, chops and bacon. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours or until vegetables and meat are tender.Remove bay leaf.
- *You may need to drain some liquid from beans so all ingredients fit into slow cooker.