Recipe by Chef JDecember28
From the Commercial Appeal food section by Jennifer Chandler with a few changes
- 2267.96 g pork shoulder
- 14.79 ml coarse salt
- 14.79 ml black pepper
- 44.37 ml ground cumin
- 2 (566.99 g) can rotel
- 48 inch flour tortillas
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 177.44 ml salsa
- 118.29 ml cilantro leaf, freshly pulled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut white rough and fat off shoulder.
- Rinse and dry shoulder.
- Mix salt, pepper, and cummin.
- Rub pork with salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Let sit overnite to marinade.
- Next morning, put in large slo-cooker on low. Cover with rotel.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 hours.
- DO NOT DRAIN JUICE.
- Try to transfer to plate. Remove bones and shred meat.
- If not able to transfer, while in cooker, pull bones N joints out, and shred meat in cooker.
- Assemble tacos.
- Remove and drain meat as needed (1 at a time) for tacos with slotted spoon.
- Garnish with sour cream, salsa, and cilantro leaves.
- Leftovers are great heated with BBQ sauce.