Prep 1 min
Cook 10 hrs
From the Commercial Appeal food section by Jennifer Chandler with a few changes
- 5 lbs pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 (10 ounce) cans rotel
- 48 inches flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, freshly pulled
- Cut white rough and fat off shoulder.
- Rinse and dry shoulder.
- Mix salt, pepper, and cummin.
- Rub pork with salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Let sit overnite to marinade.
- Next morning, put in large slo-cooker on low. Cover with rotel.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 hours.
- DO NOT DRAIN JUICE.
- Try to transfer to plate. Remove bones and shred meat.
- If not able to transfer, while in cooker, pull bones N joints out, and shred meat in cooker.
- Assemble tacos.
- Remove and drain meat as needed (1 at a time) for tacos with slotted spoon.
- Garnish with sour cream, salsa, and cilantro leaves.
- Leftovers are great heated with BBQ sauce.